Technical Sales Specialist - Protein Analysis
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle, Birmingham,Nottingham,|
|Area||North West, UK & IrelandYorkshire & Humberside, UK & IrelandEast Midlands, UK & IrelandWest Midlands, UK & IrelandScotland , UK & IrelandWales – South , UK & IrelandWales – North, UK & IrelandHome Counties, UK & Ireland|
|Sector||ScientificScientific - Sales|
|Salary||£45000 - £55000 per annum + 25% bonus, car & benefits|
As Technical Sales Specialist you'll work within this specialist division of a Global Healthcare Company to drive instrument sales regarded as the gold-standard in protein-interaction analysis. You will work in close synergy with a dedicated Application Specialist, who provides expert technical knowledge for pre-sales discussions, instrument demos and post-sales support.
Core responsibilities as Technical Sales Specialist - Protein Analysis
- The role includes hunting for new business and working with the installed base to drive instrument sales through replacement, added capacity, and competitor displacement
- Drive sales of market-leading protein-interaction instruments and consumables across Oxford up to Scotland, including Wales
- Manage all aspects of the sales process from technical presentations, tender proposals through to final sales negotiations
- Build loyal relationships with Researchers, Lab Managers, Heads of Departments, Procurement, Research, and Finance Directors
- Gain a real understanding of the customer's needs and tailor solutions that significantly improve workflow, laboratory and financial performance
Worldwide companies do not come much bigger than this one with a market capitalisation of well over $110 billion. You would be working within the specialist business unit that provides solutions to support biological research to clinical therapy, including tools for research, drug discovery, diagnostics, and bioprocessing. This company is committed to continuing success through unrivalled development of their most important assets; their people and technology. The company actively promotes from within so there are genuine opportunities to progress your career once you've proven yourself.
In order to apply you should meet all or most of the following criteria:
- BSc or higher in a science subject (molecular biology, biochemistry etc.), ideally Ph.D. qualified
- Knowledge of proteins, gained from working in Life Sciences research or a commercial role
- Proven sales success of selling reagents, assays, kits and/or instruments into academia, biotechnology, biopharmaceutical or research accounts
- Thrive on getting results and have a creative and innovative approach to your customers
- Independent and decisive, using creative thought and sound logic to identify, prioritise and capture new accounts.
- 45-55k basic salary, depending on experience, with a 25% bonus
- Company car
- Benefits include: pension, private healthcare, 26 days holiday etc.
- Personal development plan with regular product and skills training
- Genuine opportunity for career development