Sales Account Manager - Mass Spectrometry - East England
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||Coventry, Derby, Durham, Darlington, Doncaster, Harrogate, Hull,|
|Area||North East, UK & IrelandYorkshire & Humberside, UK & IrelandEast Midlands, UK & Ireland|
|Sector||ScientificScientific - Sales|
|Salary||£40000 - £55000 per annum + bonus + car + benefits|
As the Sales Account Manager you will be responsible for selling a range of LC-Mass Spectrometry systems and solutions into academia, pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, CRO, environmental, food/flavors, clinical, toxicology, forensics, and petrochemical/petroleum accounts. You will focus your efforts across this key and lucrative territory which will include the following area; Coventry, Derby, Durham, Darlington, Doncaster, Harrogate, Hull, Leicester, Lincoln, Leeds, Newcastle upon Tyne, Nottingham, Northampton, Preston, Sheffield, Sunderland, Cleveland, Wakefield and York.
Core responsibilities as Sales Account Manager - Mass Spectrometry - East England
- Through value-based selling understand and challenge customer requirements in order to help them achieve their business objectives.
- To sell LC-Mass Spectrometry systems and solutions effectively to deliver revenue, yield, and market share growth.
- Identify growth areas and opportunities within academia, pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, CRO, environmental, food/flavors, clinical, toxicology, forensics, and petrochemical/petroleum accounts.
- Negotiate contracts and close orders with end users and purchasing departments and support all procurement processes.
- Attend and support through technical and business presentations, when required, tradeshows, user meetings, and customer seminars.
- Be responsive to customers' needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them and work independently to manage customer relationships.
This global organisation is renowned for its innovative analytical instruments, lab equipment, and specialty diagnostics that provide rapid and accurate results for the research, clinical and applied markets. They offer cutting-edge products to their customers, and outstanding training, support, and development to their employees. The company actively promotes from within so there are genuine opportunities to progress your career once you've proven yourself.
In order to apply you should meet all or most of the following criteria:
- Degree or higher in a chemistry or biochemistry subject (Forensic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry etc.)
- Relevant experience in a sales environment, preferably capital analytical equipment sales (LC/MS, HPLC, GC/MS).
- A working knowledge of Chromatography (HPLC) and knowledge of Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS) is highly desirable.
- Must have a broad familiarity with the following industries: Academia, Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, CRO, Environmental, Food/Flavors, Clinical, Toxicology, Forensics, and Petrochemical/Petroleum.
- A strong analytical mindset with the ability to collect and understand competitive market intelligence.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to act independently and work cross-functionally.
- Effective at building customer relationships.
- MUST live on territory
- Basic salary of £40-55,000, depending on experience, with a 25% bonus (uncapped)
- Company car
- Benefits include: pension, private healthcare, life assurance, 25 days holiday
- Personal development plan with regular product and skills training
- Genuine opportunity for career development