Field Service Engineer – Clinical Diagnostics - Midlands / NE
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||Midlands, Yorkshire, Northeast|
|Area||North East, UK & IrelandYorkshire & Humberside, UK & IrelandEast Midlands, UK & Ireland|
|Sector||Scientific - Engineering|
|Salary||Competitive basic salary + bonus + company car + benefits|
- As Field Service Engineer you will be responsible for post-sale technical support services to customers, including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance of In- Vitro Diagnostic Instrumentation across the Midlands up to the Northeast of England.
Working as a key member of the Field Service Team involved in the installation, maintenance and service of In Vitro Diagnostics Instrumentation, duties will include:
- Provide comprehensive maintenance and service for all of the company’s instrumentation and software across Midlands up to the Northeast of England.
- Provide telephone assistance and field visits where and when required throughout the assigned region.
- Instrument installations for new accounts, upgrades, demonstrations, evaluations and basic customer training.
- Preventive maintenance visits and breakdown coverage.
- Man the hotline on a rotational basis
- Complete and maintain all administration and documentation in allotted time, to ensure smooth data processing.
The company focuses on pioneering systems to provide rapid diagnosis of life-threatening diseases including diabetes and some cancers. This opportunity is with the specialist BioSciences division focusing on Bioseparations and sophisticated instruments for Clinical Pathology Laboratory Diagnostics (IVD) including molecular testing. Products encompass automated immunoassays and HPLC technology for diabetes and haemoglobinopathy testing. The company actively promotes from within so there are genuine opportunities to progress your career once you’ve proven yourself.
In order to apply you should meet all or most of the following criteria:
- Qualification in electrical or electronic engineering or be able to demonstrate a similar level of knowledge and skill gained by practical experience within the In Vitro Diagnostic market.
- Service experience of Clinical Chemistry, Haematology, Point of Care, Immunoassay or Microbiology Instrumentation would be a distinct advantage.
- The capacity to take responsibility for the complete installation and commissioning of IVD instrumentation and to instruct users in its basic operation.
- Ability to diagnose causes of malfunction and to actively resolve customers’ service problems.
- A current driving licence valid in the UK
Competitive basic salary, depending on experience plus 10% bonus
Benefits include: pension, private healthcare, 25 days holiday, lunch allowance