Sales Manager - Life Sciences - Benelux
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Sector||Scientific - Sales|
|Salary||Competitive basic salary + bonus + company car + benefits|
- Reporting to the Sales Director, your role in this very KEY position will be to define business strategy for the life sciences range of products and to subsequently implement these plans through effective and personal management of your field sales team. In addition, you will manage the reagents portfolio to both key industrial and academic research institutes.
Core responsibilities as Sales Manager - Benelux
- On a day to day basis, manage and motivate the sales team to produce the required level of sales and professionalism whilst promoting the company to the highest level.
- Ensure that all the required levels of attainment are met in terms of: -
- Sales results
- Call rates
- Required technical knowledge maintained to the highest level
- Perform joint visits with the team to assist their development within the company via coaching, motivating and directing them as applicable in conjunction with the Sales Director.
- Ensure that the team members in the region build and manage accounts in their assigned territories, ensuring all information is logged onto the CRM system (SFDC) in a timely fashion.
- Devise and implement successful account and territory strategies within the assigned region that support increased sales and the strategic goals of the Company.
- Write a regional business plan that reflects the strategy of the region and the company.
- Work as a team with Sales, Marketing and Product Development to identify product improvements and new product opportunities.
- Work as a team with Sales, Marketing and Product Development to identify and mitigate competitive barriers to increasing sales.
- Work with purchasing departments to understand procurement processes and develop strategies to mitigate sales barriers.
- Submit activity reports and forecast reports to the Senior Sales Manager ensuring all timescales are met and that the quality of the reports are at the highest level.
- Ensure that both themselves and their team generate and qualify leads within their territories
- Close profitable business by meeting or exceeding sales goals and objectives both in their own territory and those of their team.
- Create and maintain relationships with customers to promote penetration, retention and loyalty.
- Provide market intelligence to the Senior Sales Manager as part of the Monthly Report
This Global life science company provides innovative tools and bioactive reagents for the research and clinical diagnostic communities. The company’s products assist scientific investigations into biological processes and the nature and progress of specific diseases. They aid in drug discovery efforts and provide the means for accurate clinical tests and diagnoses. They offer cutting edge products to their customers, and outstanding training, support and development to their employees. The company actively promotes from within so there are genuine opportunities to progress your career once you’ve proven yourself.
In order to apply you should meet all or most of the following criteria:
- Degree or higher in Genetics, Cell/Molecular Biology, Immunology or other related science field
- Experience in Field Sales Management would be an advantage, however not essential as full training will be given by the Senior Sales Manager
- Proven experience in a strategic role working collaboratively and independently to drive results
- Ability to influence across the organization at all levels, including previous experience in a highly matrixed organization would be preferred.
- Entrepreneurial, effective, self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills who is able to excel in an international sales environment Cross-cultural awareness
- Willingness to travel across Benelux
- Competitive basic salary (€) - depending on experience
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- Excellent benefits on offer