Field Service Engineer - Life Sciences - UK South
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||WITHIN THE M25 CORRIDOR, LONDON, HERTFORDSHIRE.|
|Area||South East, UK & IrelandLondon, UK & IrelandHome Counties, UK & Ireland|
|Sector||ScientificScientific - Engineering|
|Salary||Generous basic salary, 10% bonus, company car & benefits|
- As Field Service Engineer for this global biotechnology organisation, that manufactures innovative and cutting-edge scientific Instruments and reagents you will be responsible for service and engineering support of the company’s market-leading instruments used in cell-based research and clinical applications.
Core responsibilities as Field Service Engineer – London, Hertfordshire, Essex, M25 Corridor
- Instrument preventative maintenance
- Conduct Installations, equipment upgrades
- Time-sensitive corrective maintenance to restore systems to full operation
- Resolve instrumentation issues through hardware and software troubleshooting
- Manage communications (email and telephone) with customers to ensure resolution and correct follow up to assure customer satisfaction
- Prepare, update and maintain accurate logs, equipment performance data, service records and parts usage software
- Communicate effectively with the sales team and application specialists
- Train and assist other Field Service engineers on complex troubleshooting and technical fixes
- Active participation with sales teams in upgrades and service contract renewals across the territory
The company focuses is to improve scientific understanding and medical progress by providing products and services that advance biomedical research and cellular therapy, which drives their commitment to support the translation of basic research into therapy in the areas of immunology, cancer, neuroscience and stem cell biology. The excellence of their products is augmented by the reliability of their support services, giving added value to their customers.
In order to apply you should meet all or most of the following criteria:
- Ideally, BSc qualified in Engineering, Electrical engineering or a physical science
- Have at least 2 years of equipment support experience in biotech instrumentation, field service repair, fluid control systems, and system-level electrical/mechanical troubleshooting
- Excellent computer networking, troubleshooting and communication skills
- Flow cytometry and/or laser experience would be an added bonus, though not essential
- Generous basic salary, dependent on experience
- 10% bonus
- Company car
- Company pension scheme
- Death in Service